Our musical program introduces Georgian traditional music in depth and lets you enter this amazing world.
The program consists of three levels:
These three courses will allow learners perceive the developing road of Georgian traditional music.
This particular course represents the first, elementary level and it will bring the measurable results and will be beneficial to the beginners as well as advanced singers. It consists of 10 video classes, with 10 completely different songs in terms of genre and their origins. Through these ten songs you will go on a musical tour around Georgia.
You will learn:
- Folk songs
- Urban songs
- Church chants
The teaching method that we provide, is tested and approved by many years of experience, and means learning by ear i.e by listening and not by the notes.
By the end of this course you will:
- Be able to sing 10 Georgian songs in all three voices
- Develop your musical ear due to Georgian polyphony’s complicity
- Understand how the Georgian polyphony sounds and how the Georgian sound is produced
- Be able to teach to your friends or your own choirs.
Let’s dive into the learning process and try out yourselves! Good luck!
- Lectures 12
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 hours
- Language English
- Students 101
- Assessments Yes
- Lesson 1 – Kartli region – Harvesting song “Glesam da glesam”
- Lesson 2 – Pshavi region – Ritual song “Let’s glory god”
- Lesson 3 – Kakheti region – Kakhetian love song
- Lesson 4 – Imereti region – Traveling song “Adiloi adilo”
- Lesson 5 – Imererti region – Feast song “Joyous host”
- Lesson 6 – Guria region – Feast crooning “Ai odelia”
- Lesson 7 – Samegrelo region – Collective labor song “Ochkvarali”
- Lesson 8 – Adjara region “Voisa”
- Lesson 9 – Chant “Marjvene Sheni” Gelati school
- Lesson 10 – Urban song “3000 Tselsa meti”